Phoenix Osteopathic MedicineGeneral Osteopathic Manipulation Treatment Information
Here is a list of what to bring to your osteopathic manipulation treatment (OMT) Adults:
- Please wear loose-fitting clothes that you can move around in.
- Please bring toys and/or books to keep your child entertained throughout the treatment.
- Please bring a blanket from home that your child can lay on during the treatment. The smell and feel of something familiar from home makes them more comfortable during the treatment
- Be sure to feed your child before the appointment
- If the treatment is in the afternoon, be sure that your child has had a chance to nap before the appointment to avoid unnecessary fussiness
- You may feel sore for up to 72 hours after the treatment.
- Be sure to be gentle with your body for 24 hours after the treatment. Drink plenty of water and try to get adequate rest if possible.
- Feeling cold, tired, and hungry is a normal reaction after the treatment. If you feel nausea or have a headache after the treatment, please contact Dr. Shosky for a re-balancing treatment.
- It is normal for your child to be cold, tired, and hungry after a treatment. They will likely need to go to bed earlier than usual and be slightly fatigued after a treatment.